This privacy notice informs you about our handling of your personal data, notably in connection with the visit of our homepage www.arndt-ra.de and the usage of the services offered there.
In collecting, processing and using your data we observe the applicable data protection legislation, particularly the European Data Protection Regulation, the German Federal Data Protection Act and the German Telemedia Act.
As necessary we will adapt or modify our privacy notice. Therefore we recommend you to check it regularly.
1. Identity and Contact Details of the Controller: ARNDT Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, Poßbergweg 48, 40629 Düsseldorf. If you would like to contact us regarding privacy issues or have questions, comments or complaints, or for the exercise of your rights, please contact us at kanzlei [ at ] arndt-ra.de.
2. Kind of personal data we may collect: Personal data we may collect may include:
- Contact information which allows us to communicate with you, such as name, job title, prefix, mailing address, phone numbers, email- and other addresses,
- Information which we need to check for potential conflict of interests, such as information on previous client relationships,
- Order and contract information, delivery details, invoicing and finance data, tax information, transaction and correspondence history,
- Information necessary for the usage of our website.
3. Cookies and analysis tools: We neither use web analysis tools like Google Analytics, nor social media plugins, web beacons or the like.
When you visit our website, we only collect personal data which your browser sends to our server and which is technically needed to display our website and to ensure its stability and security. In addition to such data cookies may be stored on your device when using our website. Specifically, cookies may be automatically stored due to the use of Typo3 for the creation and maintenance of this website. Data which may potentially be collected by such cookies will not be processed by us in an identifiable way and may only be used without reference to your personal data.
Do Not Track Requests: Some browsers have incorporated features that can send a signal to websites you visit to notify those sites that you elect not to be tracked (a “Do Not Track” signal). We currently do not respond to web browser Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
4. Purposes for which we process your data and legal basis for processing: We only process your personal data in connection with our normal business activities, i.a. for the following purposes:
- Fulfillment of the client relationship and your order for information services as well as associated activities, account and billing management as well as support and training,
- Conflict of interest checks,
- Ensuring the security of our website, networks and systems,
- Handling of our day-to-day business needs such as payment processing and financial account management, client-/contract management, website administration, fulfillment and adherence to legal provisions.
To the extent that we collect personal data from you we use it only for the purpose for which it has been collected.
These processing operations are based on one of the following legal bases, as applicable:
- The need to process your personal information for contract performance or to take steps to enter into a contract with you,
- Legal obligations,
- Legitimate business interests, including operating our business properly, ensuring compliance and our ability to assert legal defenses, guaranteeing the security of our networks and systems, and protecting our assets, and
- In some specific circumstances, your consent.
When you visit our websites or otherwise request us to provide a service, we will notify you when information is required to provide our services or as required by law. Where your personal information is required, we may be unable to provide our services unless you provide us with the relevant information.
5. Recipients of personal data: To a limited extent we use service providers in connection with our office activities, such as tax consulting, mail and web hosting, IT support. We may make personal information available to these service providers, as necessary, to perform these services and functions. In these cases we have taken appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of personal data.
We may also make personal information available to public, judicial or law enforcement authorities. Where permitted by law, we may also disclose such information to other recipients (including legal counsel) when necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or to otherwise enforce our rights, protect our property or the rights, property or safety of others.
Generally, we process personal data only within the European Union. In case it may become necessary in individual cases to transfer such personal data to a third country, we will take appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of that personal data.
6. Storage of your personal data: We will only retain your personal data as long as necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected; this is generally the duration of the contract / client relationship plus a period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
7. Your rights in connection with your personal data
Access, Correction and Transmission. You may reasonably access your personal information we process. You also have the right to request to correct incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal information. To the extent required by applicable law, you may request the transmission of the personal information you have provided to us to yourself or another company.
Objection. We respect your right to object to any uses or disclosures of your personal information that are not (i) required by law, (ii) necessary for the fulfillment of a contractual obligation, or (iii) required to meet our legitimate need (such as general administration disclosures for auditing and reporting purposes or internal investigations, management of network and information systems security, and protection of our assets). If you do object, we will work with you to find a reasonable accommodation.
Withdrawal of consent. You may also withdraw your consent at any time in relation to our processing of personal information based on your consent, with future effect.
Deletion. You may also request the deletion of your personal information, as permitted under applicable law. This applies, for instance, where your data is outdated or the processing is not necessary or is unlawful; where you withdraw your consent to our processing based on such consent; or where we determine we should accommodate an objection you have raised to our processing. In some situations, we may need to retain your personal information pursuant to our legal obligations or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Restriction of processing. You may request that we restrict processing of your personal information while we are processing your request or complaint pertaining to (i) the accuracy of your personal information, (ii) the lawfulness of the processing of your personal information, or (iii) our legitimate interests to process this information. You may also request that we restrict processing of your personal information if you wish to use the personal information for litigation purposes. You may exercise these rights free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of its repetitive character. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights if, for instance, your request is likely to adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, prejudice the execution or enforcement of the law, interfere with pending or future litigation, or infringe applicable law.
Complaint with a supervisory authority. In all cases, you have a right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority.