DATA PROTECTION LAW
A hot topic!
Since 25 May 2018 the new EU General Data Protection Regulation applies. It is more important than ever for you to take care of the correct and safe handling of personal data of your employees, patients or customers and to fulfil the legal requirements on documentation and accountability.
Haven't you once asked yourself the following questions?
- Do I need a Data Protection Officer (DPO)?
- Which data of my employees / patients / customers may I collect? For which purposes may I use such data?
- May I transfer such data to third parties (also abroad)? What specifics do I need to think about?
- How can I fulfill the requirements as to a records of processing activities?
- How do I need to inform about data processing?
- How do I prepare for the execution of rights of data subjects?
- Do I have (updated) data processing agreements with service providers?
- Which action do I have to take in case of a personal data breach?
We assist you in a practical manner in building up a Data Privacy Organization, especially in setting up a privacy concept and your records of processing activities. We check whether you handle data of your customers, patients or employees correctly and submit manageable suggestions to optimize your processes for the processing of data inhouse or by service providers.
Profit by the combination of legal expertise and technical know-how. For specific issues related to IT-security we can refer competent contacts, who, for instance, prepare your company for an audit according to ISO 27001 or conduct an IT security analysis for you.
We are happy to offer you our services as external Data Protection Officer (DPO). Based on Ms. Svenja Arndt's practical experience as external DPO of several companies of international groups, you have access to a wealth of experience and expertise.
We also conduct in-house seminars.
Privacy Information Service
We offer - analogue to our Information Service Environment and Technical Law - a Data Protection Information Service. If you are interested, please contact us.